Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Why?

New Here ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why does Adobe change simple actions that I have ingrained in my muscle memory after decades of use?

I can't tell you the amount of work I have had to do over because they changed the save as function in InDesign....

From:  Saving and then continuing the document you're working on AS THE NEW DOCUMENT

To: Saving and then continuing to work on THE OLD DOCUMENT

I am working on muscle memory... the way things have always been... and then I simply click save thinking I'm on the new document, and SAVE OVER THE OLD DOCUMENT...

Why do you do these things??

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea what you're talking about. Nothing's changed.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ctrl/Cmd + S (Save) = incremental save of open file, no overwrite, change info is not deleted and can be accessed until next Save As or the file is closed. You continue to edit the same file.

Ctrl/Cmd + Shift + S (Save As) = create new file. If you use the same name existing file is overwritten and change info is lost. If you use a new name the old file is closed without saving any changes and any change data becomes inaccessible. You are now editing the newly created file.

Ctrl/Cmd + Alt/Opt + S (Save a Copy) = make a copy of the current state of the file in a location of your choice. This file is not opened automatically. You continue edit the same (old) file.

Are you seeing something different?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines