• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Widening document and workspace view in InDesign Share for Review

Community Beginner ,
Dec 31, 2021 Dec 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to share my entire workspace with alternative graphics in the margins through InDesign Share for Review. I am not concerned with the settings being shared, as much as with the images I chose not to include in the copy,  but I want to show alternatives in the margin.  When the receiver opens up the shared document, they can only see partially what is in the margins. In other words, the workspace that can be seen is not wide enough to show everything in a meaningful way.

Is there a way of widening out the workspace in an ID share for review doc?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 01, 2022 Jan 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't believe it's possible to share the pasteboard (containing alternative graphics) when using InDesign Share for Review. It's intended to show what's in the layout (not extras that might be traded out).

You could put the alternate images in a CC Library and share the library with the "receiver". Or if you just wanted to show them what's there, you could send them a screen capture of what's in the pasteboard so you could discuss it with them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2022 Jan 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I tried everything I could think of to widen the share view but could not make it work. I thought the community might know of something I hadn't tried. It would be nice to have this as a feature, though. I believe it is feasible because the share view does show some of the workspace, and I got parts of images on the share. Perhaps they could add it as an on/off option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Feature requests can be submitted and voted on here:

https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601021-adobe-indesign-feature-requests

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 03, 2022 Jan 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Susan,

I just tried to give a document a big slug area so that objects in the slug would show up when exported to PDF with bleed and slug enabled. Unfortunately Share For Review ignores this and does not include bleed or slug areas.

So I only see a chance to either change the page size to include the objects outside of the original page design ( not very practical ) or to move a bigger page with the objects on top of the smaller page with the original design ( also not very practical ). Doable with non-facing pages documents only.

Why does adding a bigger page in the spread work with non-facing pages documents?

[1] You can move all the pages in x- and y-position with the Page tool.

[2] Share For Review always shows spreads.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines