• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

With every application update I lose set Work Space

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe, with each software application update, I lose set Work Space presets.  It is a pain in the ass when working on larger projects, to spend 30 mins with each updated in EACH design program,  re-setting up my preferred pallet panels. With all this technology, can we not figure out a way to save this feature with each update?   What is the point, allowing a user to save a preferred pallet layout when you just delete it on every application update.

You force updates every 2-3 months and I am going to go bat-sh-crazy if I have to do it one more time!

Honestly!!! 

TOPICS
Feature request , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updates will not remove your workspaces. For example, my InDesign 17.0 will maintain it's workspaces when I update to 17.1. If this is happening, something else is causing it. Are you on a tightly regulated work computer? 

Upgrades may or may not copy your workspaces depending on your Creative Cloud app preferences. For example, upgrading from 2020 to 2021. However, the workspaces should still be in your hidden user folder, in a subfolder for the previous version. You should be able to manually copy them to the new version. 

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Goodness, I'll have to check it out now.  Yeah, my programs just did an update from 2021 to 2022 and when I opened InDesign it was set to the "Essentials" setting.  

I do recall the lower versions keeping my setting... it's been a while since it's kept my presents on an update.

Thank you for some insight.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I did the upgrade, the new version was set to Essentials, but my previous custom workspace was still available in the drop-down menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My assumption is that you have your Creative Cloud preferences set to copy your settings to the new version (as do I). 

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines