• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

wont open!

Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have indesign loaded and paid for- have produced documents which Ive saved to computer

gone to open these and nothing also cant open indesign either now!?

what can i do?

TOPICS
Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saying you can't open InDesign or can't open any documents with InDesign?

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes

its all on the comp can see the files ive created but when click to open they just do nothign as does the main programme!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rebuilding the preference files
  1. (Windows) Start InDesign, and then immediately press Shift+Ctrl+Alt. Click Yes when asked if you want to delete preference files. ...
  2. (Mac OS) Start InDesign, and then immediately press Shift+Option+Command+Control. Click Yes when asked if you want to delete preference files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2021 May 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi that doesnt seem to do anything

the revolving cursor goes aROUND FOR ABOUT 10 SECONDS THEN JUST STOPS AND THE MAIN SCREEN JUST SITS THERE LOOKING AT ME

SAME HAPPENS NO MATTER HOW MANY TIMES I TRY TO OPEN IT!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So if you start InDesign, say from the Windows Start menu, it does not start? Or does it start and if so, if you choose File > Open and choose the correct document, that document does not open? You are not very clear on what it is you are doing when you say 'won't work'...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All caps is rude - it's equivalent of shouting. I'm only trying to help you.

You can manually reset your preferences

https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/indesign/kb/indesign-preferences-support-file-locations.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of InDesign and OS?

How much RAM and spare disk capacity do you have?

I suggest you reset the InDesign preferences.

If that doesn't sort out your issue and you have the correct system requirements uninstall InDesign using the drop-down menu in the Creative Cloud app and reinstall it again.

If that doesn't sort out the issue use the Adobe Cleaner Tool to uninstall InDesign and reinstall it again.

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have abode indesign 2021

loads Ram and disk space

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Follow Derek's advice--uninstall, run Adobe CC Cleaner, and reinstall. 

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello i'm glad i'm not the only one i can't open my documents! Even worse it says it's has been corrupeted and i don't know what to do. I have a Exams next month and i haven't even finished yet my book as i'm stydying web designe...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

See the advice above. Reset your preferences - or you can try the Creative Cloud Cleaner tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines