• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Word import options dialog box

New Here ,
May 23, 2023 May 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 🙂 I'm having trouble with importing Word files into InDesign. All of the tutorials that I can find show a different import options dialog box to the one that appears on my screen. For example, there is no option for choosing between preserving styles and removing styles. Other things are missing too. Does anyone know why it has changed? It seems much less intuitive than the one that I am trying to find. Many thanks!import1.pngimport2.JPG

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 24, 2023 May 24, 2023

That second dialog you show is not part of InDesign. It is from an additional plug-in, could be Wordsflow or some plug-in like that. Are you sure you are in InDesign?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2023 May 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Can you confirm the exact version of your software?

I also notice that your Word doc is a .doc and not a docx. I don't think it makes a huge difference, but just in case, which version of MS Word do you use?

I have the same settings as your screenshots. Unless your Word document is well prepared for import (with clear formatting and using several features listed in your screenshots like styles, footnotes, graphics....) I would simply ignore the settings and import.

These screens appear because an option is selected (Show Import Options) in the Place window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Eric, I have realsied what the problem was now - all due to me being confused by the operation of the new WordsFlow plugin that I have installed. I chose to show the import options to assist with mapping the styles over from Word to InDesign. All is OK now - thank you again 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That second dialog you show is not part of InDesign. It is from an additional plug-in, could be Wordsflow or some plug-in like that. Are you sure you are in InDesign?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Frans - I should have realised. I've been having problems with an install of WordsFlow within my InDesign app. It's a long story so I won't bore you with the details, but among other things I became confused by the new/different import dialog box. All is OK now and I appreciate your help, thank you 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines