Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Word tables imported in indesign

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning! 

I'm a support community virgin so please bear with me...im just desperate for some help please?!

I have imported a Word table in ID and all works fine. Then i made changes in the Word file and when the link updated in ID, all the text was in CAPS??!! Why-eeee??! Please help me?! I am unfortunately bound to using Word (not by choice, believe me) The files have to be accesible to a lot of people who can mostly only use Word. 

TOPICS
How to , InCopy workflow

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.
what formatting options did you choose when you placed/imported the file into indesign?
and... have you assigned styles in ID?

/G

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ir is hard to trouble shoot such issues without the files. It could be a style issue.

By the sound of your workflow I would strongly recommend looking into Em Data Wordflow, that gives better functionality between InDeisgn and Word. (http://emsoftware.com/products/wordsflow/)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines