• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

working on open job in indesign but can't save - save and save as greyed out

Advocate ,
Jun 12, 2021 Jun 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been working on a project that has been kept open for a few days now and saving to start but now, over the past few days I cannot save work progress. I was able to export a pdf so at least I have the completed job saved that way, but what about InDesign? I'm afraid to close the job as I most likely will lose all of my work. This has never happened to me before as InDesign is a very reliable program. Any suggestions? like saving a 'working version' as an Export to PDF? I am stuck on this one.

TOPICS
Bug , How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 12, 2021 Jun 12, 2021

Export to IDML.

You can then open the IDML in InDesign - and try save it as a new file name. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 12, 2021 Jun 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Export to IDML.

You can then open the IDML in InDesign - and try save it as a new file name. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jun 13, 2021 Jun 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So wonderful of you to reply. I've had this file open for days as I don't want to lose it. I will save by exporting to IDML and even try to open that and save as an InDesign document... we will see. You are a lifesaver and Thank You Eugene.

Okay! I exported and then closed the InDesign document and it would not let me save so closed without saving. Then I opened the IDML document and saved as a InDesign document and it let me 'replace' the file that must have been corrupted somehow. Thanks Again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines