Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Working with a A5 pages folded

Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2023 Jan 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all !

I need to make an brochure with A5 pages on an A3 format.

So we can fold the A3 in 4 so it will give us an A5 brochure that will need to be unfolded to see the other pages. See attachement for a better understanding.

Is it better to wortk using A5 pages or an A3 format with 2 pages (front and back) ?

Thank you

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jan 09, 2023 Jan 09, 2023

Hi,

Here is what I would do (not necessaraly the best answer).

1.  Create an A5 document, probably facing pages
  2. Create the design on the 8 x A5 pages
  3. Create a new A3 file and add the InDesign frames (nice trick here to insert an indd file, so when you update the A5, the A3 updates automnatically)
  4. Be careful, the way you have it sketched, you will not get a 2 sided print result. you will need to measure and test to confirm the designs are well aligned. The type of printing device you use will impac

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jan 09, 2023 Jan 09, 2023

If you are providing files for a printer to impose then the imposition should be the responsibility of the printer. Just make your 8 page A5 file normally and the printer will deal with the imposition.

If you must do the impositon yourself then Eric’s solution is the way I would go.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Here is what I would do (not necessaraly the best answer).

1.  Create an A5 document, probably facing pages
  2. Create the design on the 8 x A5 pages
  3. Create a new A3 file and add the InDesign frames (nice trick here to insert an indd file, so when you update the A5, the A3 updates automnatically)
  4. Be careful, the way you have it sketched, you will not get a 2 sided print result. you will need to measure and test to confirm the designs are well aligned. The type of printing device you use will impact the required location.

• Alternatively, you can export the A5 file using a booklet feature, either wih the built-in one or using an imposition software or plugin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are providing files for a printer to impose then the imposition should be the responsibility of the printer. Just make your 8 page A5 file normally and the printer will deal with the imposition.

If you must do the impositon yourself then Eric’s solution is the way I would go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes the printer will handle this I guess !  Thank you all !
Will challenge him !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines