• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

workspace lost? how to recover?

Explorer ,
Mar 05, 2020 Mar 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I switched InDesign from English-only to English-Hebrew. (Mind you, I just want to set one line of text in right-to-left direction.) After installing this version, I discovered that my workspace is gone. How do I recover it? Is it lost just to this verison of InDesign? Or is it gone entirely, such that it won’t be available if I switch back to English-only?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 05, 2020 Mar 05, 2020

Mac or Windows? Workspaces are stored on your hard drive, and you should be able to just copy the folder from your en_US folder to the new ME-language folder on your hard drive. Note that the workspaces on both platforms are in hidden folders (Library and AppData) so you will have to show those.

Here's my v15 folder location on my Mac, with my custom workspaces:

Screen Shot 2020-03-05 at 7.09.50 PM.png

And the v15 folder location on Windows 10, with my custom workspaces:

Screen Shot 2020-03-05 at 7.17.49 PM.png

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac or Windows? Workspaces are stored on your hard drive, and you should be able to just copy the folder from your en_US folder to the new ME-language folder on your hard drive. Note that the workspaces on both platforms are in hidden folders (Library and AppData) so you will have to show those.

Here's my v15 folder location on my Mac, with my custom workspaces:

Screen Shot 2020-03-05 at 7.09.50 PM.png

And the v15 folder location on Windows 10, with my custom workspaces:

Screen Shot 2020-03-05 at 7.17.49 PM.png

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Barb. Thanks for responding. This is on Mac.

I followed the path you provided above and found the workspace XML files. What a relief! Good to know how these are stored.

I copied my beloved workspace and I can get back to work. Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 06, 2020 Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So glad you got it figured out!

I work with custom Workspaces, custom Find/Change Queries and custom Style Mapping, so regularly have to port them over to the next version. Save that path!

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2023 Mar 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Barb, I have the same issue after a fresh install of all creative suite applications. I've searched 'Workspaces' in the location you mentioned but only found empty folders. I know I saved them but I cannot find and resore them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines