Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Workspace Recall - Default

Explorer ,
Feb 18, 2022 Feb 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I've come across an issue where I open InDesign each time and it doesn't retain my preferred workspace: Advanced, and always go back to Essentials.

Is there a way around this?

TOPICS
Bug , Feature request , How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 18, 2022 Feb 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Jay5F87 

This seems to be an occasional issue. The best answer I have seen is found in the answer marked as Correct in this thread:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/workspace-reverts-to-essential-for-every-new-doc...

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem. And there are similar posts in the forum about this issue.
Adobe chat 'help' could not fix the problem. They just keep trying to delete files, uninstall the application and reinstall it to get back where we started. So: no fix yet from Adobe. 

However as Barb mentioned:
The workaround  from davecourtemanche  works like a charm.
You have to rename the files otherwise it would not work.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/workspace-reverts-to-essential-for-every-new-doc...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines