• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Workspace Turns Solid White when resizing

Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2023 Dec 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have InDesign 2023 version 19.0.1, and I recently started having an issue with my workspace going completely white when I do certain things. So far, I think I've narrowed it down to resizing shapes but it seems to happen pretty often. The entire workspace goes white, so I can't see the shape I'm resizing or any other layers (I actually can't see anything). 

I read other posts about this where people mentioned checking the GPU Performance, which I did. This option is greyed out, so I cannot select or deselect it. It just says, "compatible GPU and monitor not detected."  I've been using the same computer and monitor the entire time I've had the program, so I don't think it's the GPU. 

Thanks for your help!

TOPICS
Bug , How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Pnut303:

Can we assume you are on macOS Sonoma? This is a known bug in Sonoma, and InDesign is not yet supported on Sonoma. The most reliable solution is to roll back to macOS Ventura 13.5 or 13.6. You can also try hiding the rulers to see if that helps.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated to Sonoma! UGH! How frustrating. Thank you for your response!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem doesn't happen to everyone so there seem to some variables in computer setups that are not clear. I updated to Sonoma 14.2 two days ago. I'm on a MacBook Pro with an M1 Pro chip and 16 Gb of memory, running InDesign 19.0.1 and I haven't been able to get the problem to appear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2023 Dec 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same setup except I'm using a MacBook air. The problem continues to be a huge issue for me and it's almost impossible to highlight, resize, group, or move anything as the ENTIRE workspace goes totally white. I even called Apple support to see what they could do. They said it's up to Adobe to fix these bugs and I'd have to do a system backup, wipe, and revert to the older version of Ventura. *sigh* 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines