• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Write metadata from in-document text?

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! My company maintains a library of forms, and we're currently adding metadata to the PDF's we produce AFTER they've been exported from InDesign.

What I'd like to be able to do is tag certain text in the document (for example the actual form's Title) and use a script or something to read that text and write it into metadata as part of the export to PDF process, so that the PDF is output with already embedded metadata. I'd also like to be able to use a technique like this to tag keywords, author, and description. 

I have no experience working with scripts, but im savvy and can probably figure it out if i get a little bit of hand holding. Is what i'm asking for possible in InDesign CS6, or is it easier to just manually edit these fields after export to PDF?

Thank you!

Adam

TOPICS
How to , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adam:

While you are waiting for the scripting answer—which I can't help with—I just wanted to make sure you know that you can add the metadata to the InDesign documents themselves using File > Info. This is helpful when you need to re-export the file to PDF after edits, because the metadata will continue to appear in the updated PDF. When you add the metadata in Acrobat and then have to re-export the PDF, you'll have to re-enter the metadata.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines