Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XML page number

New Here ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

I would like to export a document in XML and add the page number at the end of each page on a new tag.

I tested a lot, a lot, a lot of things but nothing works (old versions of ID).
Does someone has a script to do this?

Thanks

TOPICS
How to , Import and export , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have a script to do this but if you were to make it happen you'd first need to override the page number from the master page and tag the frame that the page number is in. That should now include the page number in the XML export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chad

It don't work.

The tags are there, but au the end on the xml file, adn empty

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well that's why it's important that you provide all of the necessary information so that we can appropriately help you. It sounds like your text is flowing from one page to the next throughout the InDesign document. In a case like this, yes the page numbers are going to appear at the very end of the XML file instead at the appropriate location on the page.

I think it's also necessary to explain that what you're trying to do is extending outside of the scope of XML. XML is for defining content not formatting. You're trying to impart formatting into the XML which is not what it's intended for. You'll need to jump through some hoops to get the output the way you want. Namely linking the text on each page to the page number frame at the bottom of the page. It won't be pretty or fun but will probably get you closer to what you're trying to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines