Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XMLHTTPRequest is failing in InDesign's latest version

Explorer ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

XMLHTTPRequest is failing in InDesign's latest version. Please suggest what I need to do for resolving this issue.

TOPICS
How to , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version exactly?

What operating system?

Please show some code we can test.

Will it work with a previous version?

If yes, what version of InDesign exactly?

Thanks,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign version is 16.3

Windows

Yes it works with previous versions like 15.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean to say it fails in your CEP extensions? If I am not mistaken XMLHTTPRequest is an HTML API.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes in CEP extention.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"is failing" could be everything, please provide an error message and whatever version numbers CEP can produce.

Just a guess (I'm not doing CEP myself), but from some recent Slack discussion on a different CEP hosting app:

When you attempt a similar request in Chrome, would you run into cross-site scripting restrictions? If so, have a look at https://github.com/Adobe-CEP/CEP-Resources/issues/378 for now, and later take similar approaches to what you'd do in Chrome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 18, 2021 Jul 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @SVIDdev,

As @Dirk Becker mentioned, you should always provide as much information and samples as you can. We are not oracle's to guess what might be the reason for the issue. We need to know things like what is the error, under what conditions the error manifests. what is the software version and other relevant information like what troubleshooting steps you took to resolve and what were the results and most importantly share any samples(doc/code) that someone can use to the issue happening.

Let us know how does the suggestion given by @Dirk Becker work.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 18, 2021 Jul 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue is happening due to CORS.

And the suggestion by Drik is not working for me.

I updated the manifest file using those flags but still XMLHTTPReq are getting blocked due to CORS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to help, don't be vague. You can do better than "not working". 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"XMLHTTPSReq is getting blocked due to CORS" What else can I tell beyond that? Isn't it selfexplanatory? Or do you want be to copy paste sample code on "How to make a XMLHTTPReq"??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're the one who wants help .It's no use being grumpy, programmers are held to a much higher standard than ordinary users.You have been REPEATEDLY asked for more info, if you don't get the message everyone will just give up. I suggest that as well as sharing your exact error message - thank you - you share the exact code you are using. Don't expect anyone to read sample code and try to adapt it to whatever you are trying to do. If you aren't bothering to adapt the sample code, then do the work. Don't expect people to do a detailed reread and study of the discussion. Just the code, the error, the software in use and everything else anyone has asked for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines