• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Yellow box with speech bubble appears

New Here ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm updating an indesign document that was set by a previous designer a few years ago. When I opened it I noticed there's two yellow boxes with speech bubbles when I'm in normal view, which disappear when I'm in preview mode. The one on the text box moves with the text box, so it must be linked somehow? The other one on the top of the page I can click on but it won't let me delete it or move it. Any idea what they are and how I get rid of them.

TOPICS
Bug , How to , Performance , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks vaguely familiar but I'm not sure what it is. Perhaps an earlier (since discarded) comment feature.

I'd bet you could get rid of it if you saved the file as IDML (File > Save As > Adobe InDesign CS4 or Later [IDML]). Then reopening the IDML file should recreate it without the comment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears to be imported PDF comments, this post shows screen grab (though unrelated to your issue), https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/how-to-change-the-size-of-import-pdf-comments-icon-in-indesi...

To remove,  open PDF Comments panel and Remove all comments. (Window menu > Comments > PDF Comments)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Perfect. Thanks Diane.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did a test, and I think Diane is probably right.

The Import Comments from PDF feature only came out in October 2018 so  I was confused a little by the file being created "a few years ago."

But if her suggestion doesn't work, saving as IDML might be a workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines