• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Zoom Scrolling with Option key

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really fed up with this issue persisting across years of updates.

When using the option key as a hot key and using the mouse or trackpad scroll zooming in works great, but zooming out is broken, has been broken for at least two years now.

I don't need to explain why or how annoying this is and how frustrating that it's been left in for years. Same thing happens in Illustrator. Yes all my apps are updated.

I've shared a video to show how the functionality fails

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, this works fine for me. Can you tell about your computer and hardware?

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also do not have promlembs with this. It could be a hardware problem or some other utility in your operating system that has a conflict. What operating system are you using, have you tried swapping to a different/external mouse? Does the mouse you have need a driver/driver uppdate.

Untill you find the problem perhapps you could work around it. A usefull shortcut is cmd/ctrl-0 (zero) ro zoom out to fit page/artbaord in window add alt/option (ctrl/cmd-alt/opt-0) to fit spread/all artboards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you are facing. I would request you to try the following steps and let us know how it goes:

• Update macOS to Big Sur or above if not done already
  • Manually reset preferences & caches:
    ~/Library/Caches
    ~/Library/Preferences
    Rename Adobe InDesign and com.adobe.InDesign to Adobe InDesign.old and com.adobe.InDesign.old and
    launch InDesign from the Creative Cloud app
  • Rename the CEP folder to CEP.old from the following location:
    /Library/Application Support/Adobe
  • If that doesn't help, rename the extensions folder to extensions.old in the following location:
    /Library/Application Support/Adobe/UXP
  • If that doesn't help either, uninstall the application using the CC Cleaner tool and reinstall from the Creative Cloud Desktop app.

Kindly update the discussion if you still need assistance with it. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines