Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Zoom shortcut no longer working

Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2022 Jun 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I woke up today to find that suddenly my Zoom shortcuts don't work anymore. It's Ctrl + and Ctrl -, and according to my Keyboard Shortcuts that is still the assigned shortcut. However, I see in those Keyboard Shortcuts that Zoom In and Zoom Out both have TWO shortcuts: Ctrl + and Ctrl - (from the number-part of the keyboard) and Ctrl = and Ctrl - (from the letter-part of the keyboard).

I have tried deleting the other shortcut, tried giving it the Ctrl + shortcut manually again (it wouldn't let me type 'Ctrl', so that didn't work), uninstalled and re-installed InDesign, tried to go back to an old version of InDesign... Nothing. And it's in all of my Adobe programmes. Yesterday or the day before, I had no problems with my Zoom shortcuts.

Anyone has the same issue?

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 12, 2022 Jun 12, 2022

Hi,

Ok that's a sensible simple thing to do: yes you're right, the Zoom doesn't work in my browser either!! Thanks for suggesting it, I really wouldn't have thought about that. So I guess my issue isn't Adobe related anymore. I'll have to figure it out another way. 

Glad it's not Adobe though! Going crazy without those shortcuts! 

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(PS, forgot to say that the other shortcut, Ctrl = and Ctrl - (on the letter-part of the keyboard) does work. But there is no way to use the normal shortcut again.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First question is, what platform (OS) and version of ID? That shouldn't make much difference since these are pretty standard/mature shortcuts, but.

Has anything been updated on the system? OS? Drivers?

Does the behavior change when you switch NumLock on and off? That's about the only big difference between numpad keys and main-keyboard keys.

╟ Word & InDesign to Kindle & EPUB: a Guide to Pro Results (Amazon) ╢

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi James, 

Thanks for replying!

I have Windows 10, no recent updates, neither from the OS or InDesign. My Creative Cloud does update automatically (so I use the latest version of InDesign, 17.3), but hasn't updated ID in at least 5 days, during which I have used the Zoom-shortcuts without any problems. I uninstalled 17.3 and also tried 17.2.1, but no difference (as I expected, since it hadn't updated recently). I thought it might be the Num Lock too, but sadly, that wasn't it. I really hope it'll be some embarassing thing I missed, but no idea what?? It's also in the other Adobe programmes...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it work in your browser? (Most use Ctrl minus, plus, zero for zoom control.) If not, it's your keyboard, probably the driver. Do a specific update from the maker site, if it's a brand name one.

I ass/u/me you've rebooted the system at least once. (It would be a valid question for me, as I never power my systems off and rarely reboot... it causes the occasional weird issue, often with updates and the like.)

And, dumb question... do the keys work normally in typing and things like Excel?

If you have another keyboard around, try it as well.

╟ Word & InDesign to Kindle & EPUB: a Guide to Pro Results (Amazon) ╢

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Ok that's a sensible simple thing to do: yes you're right, the Zoom doesn't work in my browser either!! Thanks for suggesting it, I really wouldn't have thought about that. So I guess my issue isn't Adobe related anymore. I'll have to figure it out another way. 

Glad it's not Adobe though! Going crazy without those shortcuts! 

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines