Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

1 problem (failure) was detected with background tasks

New Here ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

could someone help me out? I cannot export my indd file for printing. error message: "unable to export PDF file: 1 problem (failure) was detected with background jobs"?

Thank you

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

You can start by narrowing down the source of the problem. Try exporting half of the pages at a time. If one half works and the other half fails, then do the same with halves of the failed export pages. Once you know what page is causing the issue, remove elements one at a time until you find the corrupt one, and then replace it. 

If you cannot narrow it down, then try restarting your machine, and doing the export with only InDesign and this one doucment open, in case it is a lack of available R

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

It sounds like it was a problem with one of the fonts you were using, not an InDesign issue. I regularly make PDFs of files that size and larger wtihout problems.  

--Are you saying you converted all of your fonts to outlines? In a 252-page book?  

If that is true, you may be in for a lot of errors in the final output -- You will find that text features such as automatic numbering and bullets, underlines and even color in text boxes will be gone. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to the InDesign forum from Download & Install

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you very much, problem solved

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can start by narrowing down the source of the problem. Try exporting half of the pages at a time. If one half works and the other half fails, then do the same with halves of the failed export pages. Once you know what page is causing the issue, remove elements one at a time until you find the corrupt one, and then replace it. 

If you cannot narrow it down, then try restarting your machine, and doing the export with only InDesign and this one doucment open, in case it is a lack of available RAM causing the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your feedback, problem solved. A bit by chance: in fact I had to vectorize the fonts ... nothing to do with the error message i, indicated by in design! But also I split the 100 page file in half. But on 252 pages in total, not too normal for PRO software!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like it was a problem with one of the fonts you were using, not an InDesign issue. I regularly make PDFs of files that size and larger wtihout problems.  

--Are you saying you converted all of your fonts to outlines? In a 252-page book?  

If that is true, you may be in for a lot of errors in the final output -- You will find that text features such as automatic numbering and bullets, underlines and even color in text boxes will be gone. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your feedback, indeed it's new for me to produce such large documents, nevertheless fascinating! Yes, in the emergency I had to vectorize (not that long with shortcuts, and I'm quick to trigger!), I also split the document in two, according to the previous recommendations. I received the prints yesterday, they are nickels! I keep preciously your recommendations on the subject and thank you again for your follow-up on my problem. Fortunately, there are people like you. Good success in your projects!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines