Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

180° rotate pages and print indesign

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

It's the first time I'm using Indesign so please forgive me if it's a very stupid question.

I have a catalog to create of 22 pages in one language, than I need to rotate everything upside down because I t will start with another language. So when you arrive at 23rd page you have to close it, rotate, and start reading in another language. I used to simply rotate pages of 180° on the menu of the visualization, but very soon I've discovered that it only affects how I visualize pages on the screen and not when I print them, cause they are printed on the normal side as the 22 previous ones. How can I set this without creating the other 22 pages upside down manually?

TOPICS
Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why not build it in a second document?

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I can do it, but how can I set then the upside down direction? And secondly how do i unify the 2 documents in one single pdf to send it to the printer? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I need to do this I create the second language in a separate document, place the InDesign pages from the second document into the first one and then rotate the page images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Don't forget that if both languages read in the same direction your second language pages have to start at the back and end in the center.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines