Highlighted

1st sentence disappears to no where! It doesn't go to the second line, and there aren't page breaks

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HELP! 

I type a sentence on the first line of Indesign. I continue to type and the text should go to the second line but it completely disappears. I'm working in a 100 page live document and this has only just happened oddly enough. I've reset all my paragraph styles and still it's not working. When I use Basic Paragraph Style the same issue occurs. I've check other Indesign documents I use, and the same issue is happening in those documents also. Therefore it's not just my document. What on earth is going on? I can't find anyone else having these types of issues on google either. I noticed this started happening after I updated my Indesign version to the latest one. See screenshots attached of me typing on 1 line, then continue to type and it falls off. It appears to jump to a new frame but only allowing 1 sentence on each frame. 

SOLVED: I downgraded to an old version of Indesign and it all appears to be working fine now.

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by _Jongware_ | Most Valuable Participant

It looks like No Break is applied by default. Too late to check for that?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

1st sentence disappears to no where! It doesn't go to the second line, and there aren't page breaks

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HELP! 

I type a sentence on the first line of Indesign. I continue to type and the text should go to the second line but it completely disappears. I'm working in a 100 page live document and this has only just happened oddly enough. I've reset all my paragraph styles and still it's not working. When I use Basic Paragraph Style the same issue occurs. I've check other Indesign documents I use, and the same issue is happening in those documents also. Therefore it's not just my document. What on earth is going on? I can't find anyone else having these types of issues on google either. I noticed this started happening after I updated my Indesign version to the latest one. See screenshots attached of me typing on 1 line, then continue to type and it falls off. It appears to jump to a new frame but only allowing 1 sentence on each frame. 

SOLVED: I downgraded to an old version of Indesign and it all appears to be working fine now.

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by _Jongware_ | Most Valuable Participant

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
mcgregs LATEST
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So simple, yes you're right! Thanks for that 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines