• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

2 Language versions of InDesign

New Here ,
Mar 06, 2020 Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On ocassion I need to add Arabic text to documents and these only work correctly using the English /Arabic version of InDesign - this version causes many problems when creating English International documents as page bind the opposite way round etc (I know there are ways around this but this creates extra work and opens the chance of mistakes too). Is it possible to have 2 versions of InDesign on my Mac at any one time? That way I can have the Arabic version for ocassional use but keep the most up to date English Internation version as my main application. Please help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Mar 06, 2020 Mar 06, 2020

Hello, if you want to be sure of the version you are running you can install the 2019 version for the arabic work and the 2020 for your current work.

I don't know if the arabic version working like French version but in my case everything working fine, but it's important to check the text direction 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Mar 06, 2020 Mar 06, 2020

Yes, it is very much possible to have multiple InDesign versions on your Mac. Here is a recent topic that will explain the steps taken and other helpful tips… https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/how-to-use-arabic-in-indesign-cc2020/m-p/10916897?page=1

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, if you want to be sure of the version you are running you can install the 2019 version for the arabic work and the 2020 for your current work.

I don't know if the arabic version working like French version but in my case everything working fine, but it's important to check the text direction 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!
Thank you. I was hoping that that would work. 😄

--
Kirsty Bennett
Art Director
Creation ADM

t: 0161 236 3939
w: www.creationadm.com
Follow us on Linkedin

The Stables, Paradise Wharf, Ducie Street, Manchester, M1 2JN

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, it is very much possible to have multiple InDesign versions on your Mac. Here is a recent topic that will explain the steps taken and other helpful tips… https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/how-to-use-arabic-in-indesign-cc2020/m-p/10916897?page=1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines