Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

2 pages = 1 page

Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
I would like to make the left page and the right page automatically count as 1 page and not as: page 1 and page 2, and so display it, how do I do that?

Thank you in advance for your help

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only way I know to do that would be to create a page double-sized — e.g. if you're creating 8½" x 11" tall pages, create pages that are 11" x 17" wide and then place the content from your two smaller pages onto one large page.

TL;DR — the only way to get the content on two separate pages to "count" as one page is to take it off two pages and put it onto one bigger page.

Please excuse me for asking, but why do you want to do that?

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just wanted to add: I meant no disrespect when I asked you that question in the last line of my response. It's just that sometimes knowing why you wanted to do something, and what result you're looking for, will suggest other avenues which may help you get where you want to be.

Hope this helps,

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just put the contents on one page instead of two e.g if the TPS of your book is A4, make the document an A3 landscape  document and place the content on the left and right "pages", it will still be called page 1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The others have given you the InDesign method if you need to continue editing, but if this is just for display, you can export a PDF and select spreads when doing so.

Randy has already asked, but I'll ask too...why do you need this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Instead of using automatic page numbering, use a list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines