Highlighted

2 sided catalogue (with 2 front covers, half of the pages upside down)

Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I want to make a catalogue that has 2 parts. One that is read from the beginning and one that is read from the end of the catalogue by flipping it upside down so that all the pages of the second part are upside down when seen from the beginning. I hope my explanation is clear enough.

I have no idea where to look for the most efficient workflow to do it. I have 2 InDesign documents of both parts and now I want to combine them in a way that will let me work on it without any problems even after "merging" the documents for printing (because for web the catalogue will be in 2 parts, without merging).  Can someone give me some tips how to get on with it?

Thank you in advance.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Creamer Training | Adobe Community Professional

Here are your options:

• Supply two separate PDFs and let the printer deal with it. (Best Option)
    • Give CLEAR instructions--make sure they are written in the print order you sign to protect yourself
    • The printer can do it in prepress, or
    • The printer can do it in bindry
  • You can do it in Acrobat Pro after merging the PDFs from the two separate documents.
    • Make sure the printer understands what is expected so they don't think it is an error.

In any case, do as Rob_Day says--talk with your printer (ask your sales rep to include someone from production). 

Topics

How to, Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

2 sided catalogue (with 2 front covers, half of the pages upside down)

Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I want to make a catalogue that has 2 parts. One that is read from the beginning and one that is read from the end of the catalogue by flipping it upside down so that all the pages of the second part are upside down when seen from the beginning. I hope my explanation is clear enough.

I have no idea where to look for the most efficient workflow to do it. I have 2 InDesign documents of both parts and now I want to combine them in a way that will let me work on it without any problems even after "merging" the documents for printing (because for web the catalogue will be in 2 parts, without merging).  Can someone give me some tips how to get on with it?

Thank you in advance.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Creamer Training | Adobe Community Professional

Here are your options:

• Give CLEAR instructions--make sure they are written in the print order you sign to protect yourself
  • You can do it in Acrobat Pro after merging the PDFs from the two separate documents.
    • Make sure the printer understands what is expected so they don't think it is an error.

In any case, do as Rob_Day says--talk with your printer (ask your sales rep to include someone from production). 

Topics

How to, Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Talk to your printer. The printer should be able to handle the orientation when the catalog is imposed.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are your options:

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
GrafGraf LATEST
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply. I had thought about doing it in Acrobat Pro but I was worried about page numbering but if it's actually 2 catalogues in 1 package then the numbering should start from the beginning on the other side. Anyway, my problem is solved. I'll talk with my printer to make sure that everything's clear.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines