• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

2001 PDF Exporting Blank

New Here ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a strange issue with exporting print-ready PDFs in InDesign. My software is completely updated and I am getting the same issue across all my documents. When I export it, the first page, along with other random pages, show up blank for no reason. All of the pages appearing blank have content on them. Does anyone know why this might be happening and what the solution would be? Thanks!

TOPICS
Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 26, 2020 Sep 26, 2020

You may have an overprinting white box on the blank PDF pages. If the Acrobat preference to Use Overprint Preview is set to Never, the PDF page would appear blank in Acrobat, even though it might look ok in InDesign. The white box may be on a layer that is turned off, but you are exporting all layers. It's also possible your operating system is not compatible with your Acrobat version. Are you saving the PDF to your desktop or to a network? If network, try saving to your desktop. If you are stil

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which type of PDF?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mainly 2001. Although, I have tried exporting it as different types and have still been having the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tasha:

Are you using Layers in the InDesign file? Is Print Layer deselected for any of them?
layers.png

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Barb,

The file I am currently trying to export only has one layer, but print layer is selected on everything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2001 isn't a type of PDF. What is the full name you choose?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PDF/X-1a:2001. However, I have tried several different types of PDFs and keep getting the same result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using Acrobat or Reader to view the PDF?

Is the Page Display preference Use Overprint Preview set to Always?

Is the Page Display preference Show large images set to (on).

Does the PDF display correctly with Acrobat on a different computer? If so, you might need to reset your Acrobat preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mainly use Acrobat, but I also tried opening it in other applications, such as Preview. The pages were blank in all applications. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 26, 2020 Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You may have an overprinting white box on the blank PDF pages. If the Acrobat preference to Use Overprint Preview is set to Never, the PDF page would appear blank in Acrobat, even though it might look ok in InDesign. The white box may be on a layer that is turned off, but you are exporting all layers. It's also possible your operating system is not compatible with your Acrobat version. Are you saving the PDF to your desktop or to a network? If network, try saving to your desktop. If you are still having problems, you can try resetting your Acrobat preferences and if that doesn't help, reinstalling Acrobat. Can you upload a sample PDF, so we can have a look?

Here's a related discussion from the Acrobat forum:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/pdf-pages-appear-blank/m-p/10344648?page=1#M133401

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Would you mind sharing the version of the OS & InDesign? Does it happen with specific files or all? Would you mind sharing some sample documents with us?

This will help us understand the issue and assist you accordingly. Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines