Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

3 × 4 mini book. New to InDesign.

Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to make inserts for a micro happy planner that are 3 × 4 inches. But I want to print 4 to a page and double sided. I know it can be done, since I've bought inserts like this in the past, but I just don't know how to produce that result. Any help would be appreciated greatly. 

TOPICS
How to , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

Presumably you're going to print these on your desk-top printer – what size does it print as does it have a duplex feature?

You may find it easier to find a small digital printing company to print them.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Presumably you're going to print these on your desk-top printer – what size does it print as does it have a duplex feature?

You may find it easier to find a small digital printing company to print them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The printer goes up to letter and it does have duplex. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm intending to sell the pdfs on etsy, but I need to have them set up with the necessary crop marks before I can do that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Print from a PDF. You can set crop marks there.

Are you selling the PDF or the printed sheets?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm selling the pdf. 

So would I just design the pages as normal, and export to pdf? That wouldn't put them 4 to a page though. And printing 1 sheet of 3 × 4 on a letter would be a waste of product. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'd position them four-up on your InDesign page.

Doesn't this plan depend on the end-user having a duplux printer and be willing to cut them to size and possibly hole punch them for a binder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok thank you. 

And yes it does. They're planner inserts and most people who are looking to buy them own a printer and the hope punch needed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines