• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

32-bit indesign CS6 compatibility with macOS High Sierra 10.13.4

Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated to macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 on my MacBook Pro 13-inch, 2017.

My ​indesign CS6 which had been working fine up until that point has stopped working.

I have done a clean reinstall twice.

Apparently its an 32-bit app and should still run on this new 64-bit computer but for some reason I get the following report.

It says I am missing a number of plugins.

Thread 0 Crashed:: Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

0   com.adobe.InDesign.Text Panel 0x587085c2 GetPlugIn + 152114

1   com.adobe.InDesign.Text Panel 0x587130b4 GetPlugIn + 195876

2   com.adobe.InDesign.AppFramework 0x5b2019c7 GetPlugIn + 189831

3   com.adobe.InDesign.AppFramework 0x5b2002dc GetPlugIn + 183964

4   com.adobe.InDesign.AppFramework 0x5b1b7d56 0x5b1a9000 + 60758

5   com.adobe.InDesign.AppFramework 0x5b1d6327 GetPlugIn + 12007

Does this mean my indesign CS6 is totally dead as its not compatible with macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 or is there some way of still keeping it alive...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

InDesign CS6 is not supported by this OS. If it’s mission critical it would be best to upgrade to InDesign CC2018 (or revert your OS).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign CS6 is not supported by this OS. If it’s mission critical it would be best to upgrade to InDesign CC2018 (or revert your OS).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2018 Apr 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

could it be the Java... I upgraded the day my indesign stopped working?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you have to downgrade to Java 6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Derek says. I hope you made a full system backup before doing that upgrade because going back any other way is going to be very difficult.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have it running without a problem. You have to drop back to the legacy version of Java after the High Sierra install. Here's Apple's Java download page:

Download Java for OS X 2017-001

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you may have something there I upgraded my Java to open illustrator CS6 - then my indesign stopped working,,,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2018 May 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After installing High Sierra 10.13.4 my CS6 became useless. I thought I'd have to pay Adobe monthly through the nose until I ran across your advice to drop back to a legacy Java. This worked like a charm. Everything works again. Thanks! Thanks! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

32-bit CS6 InDesign works with High Sierra, though with some minor irritations. It will not work at all once Mac goes over solely to 64-bit. It is disgraceful that Adobe tries to make one go over to subscription-only CC. I for one, and I am sure I am not the only one, want nothing to do with a cloud-based subscription, with which you lose access to your own work if you stop paying the sub. For this reason, in preparation for the future, I have just bought 64-bit non-subscription QuarkXpress, at a roughly half-price offer for such as InDesign users (I think the offer may have just expired – not sure). Although Quark will obviously take some time to get used to after years with InDesign, at first glance, whatever Quark was in the past, it now looks good and relatively intuitive. Personally, I think there is cause for a class action against Adobe for the way they are holding InDesigners to ransom. I also find it disgraceful that it is extremely difficult to find out how, if it is even at all possible, to write a direct complaint to the powers that be at Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Compliants to Adobe: Adobe InDesign Feedback

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no one product or business model that works for everyone.

Adobe will NEVER go back to perpetual licenses. Good luck with your move to Quark. They've done some nice things and have a wonder support page on Facebook.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2018 Jun 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Couldn't agree more. As I was having issues logging into Apple ID, I was coerced by Apple into upgrading to High Sierra. The message came up that InDesign CS6 isn't compatible and Font Explorer Pro no longer loads at open. If I wanted to simply upgrade InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat Pro it would cost me over £160 a month. Why Adobe can't tailor a package to suit designers is beyond belief. I certainly don't need Lightroom and all that other shite so why should I pay for it. Total shite.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not entirely sure how it can be £160 a month when the all apps subscription is under £50 a month inc VAT.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I meant if I subscribed individually to those four programs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And in what world would anyone be foolish enough to do that?

You can subscribe to the entire package for a third of what you stated or you can use your full backup to roll back to an earlier working system. You did make a full back up right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don’t regard myself as a fool. I’m just making the point that I’m not able to subscribe to the four programs I use unless I take the whole package (and am paying for things I don’t use). I can’t have a customised collection. You can’t roll back from High Sierra.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bob,

"And in what world would anyone be foolish enough to do that?"

That's a Jersey guy response! Love it.

From W.C. Fields:

It's morally wrong to allow a sucker to keep his money.

No offense to anyone, that's just humor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just to be clear here. I understand there are people that don’t like the model and won’t subscribe. There are legitimate points of view. Saying it costs three times as much as it does is not among them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It’s like an all you can eat buffet. You don’t get a refund if you leave some food behind on the counter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines