• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

4c black text sneaks in my ID docs when I place Word files.

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you know of way to place Word docs on your ID page and have the text color be black only? 

I currently have to do this by selecting all the text and choosing black in the Swatches. Not a problem until I forget to do it and all kinds of alarms and warnings go off at my printers. Multiply by 150 pages or so in my typical print projects.

THANK YOU!

TOPICS
How to , Import and export , Print , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

I don’t think Word has a CMYK color space—Word colors usually import as RGB Swatches with a Word prefix. You should also be able to select the black RGB Word swatches in the Swatches panel, delete, and replace with the default [Black] or a 0|0|0|100 CMYK swatch:

Screen Shot 6.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don’t think Word has a CMYK color space—Word colors usually import as RGB Swatches with a Word prefix. You should also be able to select the black RGB Word swatches in the Swatches panel, delete, and replace with the default [Black] or a 0|0|0|100 CMYK swatch:

Screen Shot 6.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good suggestion! 

Still have to check each ID doc but at least not every text box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines