A5 booklet printing in A6 pages on A4 paper, I want A5 on A4

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,

I am doing my first A5 booklet. The idea is to print my A5 dimension pages from indesign and have 2 x A5 pages on 1 A4 page so I can fold it, so it's an A5 booklet.

BUT.... when I go to print the booklet, it's printing 4 x A6 on one side of the A4 page not 2 x A5 on onside of the A4 page.

What am I doing wrong?

My indesign document setup is set to A5, do I need to set it to A4?

Here is my page layers.

Capture1.PNG

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct Answers

Adobe Community Professional , Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021
Export to PDF - then use the Print Booklet feature from there. https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/acrobat/using/ways-print-pdfs.html#print_a_booklet

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional , Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021
My indesign document setup is set to A5, do I need to set it to A4? Set the document to A5 and the Paper Size to A4 in the print settings with the Orientation set to landscape—Print Booklet>Print Settings...>Setup>Paper Size. Also check Print Blank Pages in the General tab:

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Export to PDF - then use the Print Booklet feature from there.

https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/acrobat/using/ways-print-pdfs.html#print_a_booklet

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My indesign document setup is set to A5, do I need to set it to A4?

Set the document to A5 and the Paper Size to A4 in the print settings with the Orientation set to landscape—Print Booklet>Print Settings...>Setup>Paper Size. Also check Print Blank Pages in the General tab:

Screen Shot 16.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines