Highlighted

About Indesign hyperlink in script and export as a pdf file

New Here ,
Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I have a strange problem about indesign hyperlink that not work in the table.

I create a simple document and export the pdf by script, the text in document is from a xml file. I use the script to add hyperlink and set the application.pdfExportPerferences.includeHyperlinks as true. However, the pdf file could not transform the default web address to the hyperlink.

I search all <a> elements and add them into hyperlinks, the hyperlinks in INDD file is same as I want but the hyperlink in table does not work. When I move this hyperlink text out of table, it could take affected. I export the pdf by Indesign cs5.5 and choose the include hyperlink before export, all hyperlinks in pdf work. The table is 2x2 and created with no table style, I merged cells in the first line, and fill text into cells.

Actually, I wonder is there something wrong when I run the script,I set the visible true and all hyperlinks could be finded in the INDD file but the hyperlink in table is still followed the default way, the hyperlink in text frame is fine. the INDD file is fine because the file exported by myself is well. Could some one have a good solution to solve this?

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

About Indesign hyperlink in script and export as a pdf file

New Here ,
Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I have a strange problem about indesign hyperlink that not work in the table.

I create a simple document and export the pdf by script, the text in document is from a xml file. I use the script to add hyperlink and set the application.pdfExportPerferences.includeHyperlinks as true. However, the pdf file could not transform the default web address to the hyperlink.

I search all <a> elements and add them into hyperlinks, the hyperlinks in INDD file is same as I want but the hyperlink in table does not work. When I move this hyperlink text out of table, it could take affected. I export the pdf by Indesign cs5.5 and choose the include hyperlink before export, all hyperlinks in pdf work. The table is 2x2 and created with no table style, I merged cells in the first line, and fill text into cells.

Actually, I wonder is there something wrong when I run the script,I set the visible true and all hyperlinks could be finded in the INDD file but the hyperlink in table is still followed the default way, the hyperlink in text frame is fine. the INDD file is fine because the file exported by myself is well. Could some one have a good solution to solve this?

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 11, 2020 0

Have something to add?