• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Absolutely Disgusted at the Complete Lack of Support Provided by Adobe

New Here ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't often come on forums to moan. But the lack of support provided by Adobe is an absolute joke, considering the amount we pay in subscription fees every month. There is far too much reliance on forums and not enough actual real support. 

I don't have time for this kind of lazy shadow work, when we have an issue with the product, we should be able to reach out for assistance and actually get answers - not be directed a forum, placed on hold for hours on end, or get passed around on an ineffective chat system.

Disgusted.

Alex

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bani,

Thanks for coming back to me on this. I haven't actually managed to get through to anybody to log a ticket yet, and my experience of the forums over the last few years is that they yield few results.

We have an urgent problem with InDesign/InCopy. We are not able to check out any assignments/InCopy files; we keep getting an error message:

Adobe Lock Issue.jpg

No matter what we do, we can't open the files, either at the designer side with InDesign or at the writer side with InCopy. This is impacting a number of projects and deadlines, which is why it would be useful to get some help quickly. Hanging around on hold and eventually being asked to leave a message at the beep when there is no beep, doesn't help.

Thanks again for reaching out.

Alex

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing the details Alex,

I have moved the thread to the correct community, experts here will be able to help you better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if it's because it's 2.2 Why .... icml

Can you change it so it's not 2.2 and something like 2_2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Eugene - Good Catch. You start adding periods in the middle of filename prefixes and you're going to have real problems on any windows system/network. Even if you're connecting to it with a Mac.

The "lettered" drive was an immediate tipoff. Wonder how many files they're dealing with which have this issue?

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you storing these files? On a server? Cloud service?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of InDesign and OS?

How much RAM and spare disk capacity?

Have you tried resetting your InDesign preferences?

Have you created a document and now you are unable to open it, if so, is it just this one document or all your InDesign documents?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. I haven't been able to get InDesign to work since the last update and have spent countless hours trying to fix it. It's absurd to pay this much money and have no support. I can't even figure out how to contact them. 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you'd like some assistance in resolving your InDesign issue it would help us if you stated your  InDesign version , OS and details of your problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi thanks. It was the lastest version of InDesign, Mac OSx 10.13.6, and I could not load any files without the program getting hung up on the spin. I reverted to 15.1.1 and now it is working again. It must be an issue with the newest updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure you're on the latest version of the Mac?

Maybe that's the problem. It shouldn't be causing such issues - but I don't work on a Mac so not really sure why you are getting these issues, I could only recommend that perhaps it might be an OS compatibility thing???

macOS Latest version
macOS Catalina 10.15.6
macOS Mojave 10.14.6
macOS High Sierra 10.13.6
macOS Sierra 10.12.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The "G" drive is a dead giveaway that the OP is on a Windows machine. It would be great if the disgusted OP would reply with answers to some of our questions though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines