• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Accepting comments are deleted instead of changed

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone.  I'm editing an ID document using imported comments from Acrobat.  When I accpt a change, it deletes it instead of inserting the new word or sentence.  Can anyone help me resolve this?

TOPICS
Bug , How to , Import and export , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell us what operating system (exactly) you're running. Please tell us (exactly) what InDesign version you're using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything is up to date.  I even reinstalled InDesign.

I'm using InDesign 2020 version 15.02  

macOS Catalina version 10.15.3

Macbook Pro 16" 2019 purchased in February

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, where are my manners... Thank you for responding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2020 Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll try it and you know...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that helped.  The next set of edits I received inserted as desired.  Not all had the "accept" option.  Is that due to the way the editors enter their comments in Acrobat?  Also, if there is another round of edits, do i have to send a new file/link each time?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you make edits to the INDD after exporting the PDF, rather than freezing it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not familiar with freezing.  Would you mind elaborating?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Freezing" just means you MUST stop editing the file completely. The comments will not import correctly if you keep changing the file. To avoid accidents close the INDD and do not open it until the review is completely finished.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Got it.  I create the layout for a magazine and it goes through multiple rounds of edits.  Any suggestions for making my process as efficient as possible using the PDF comments function in InDesign?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, that's it really. It's just like a paper-based review process. You prepare the publication, stop editing, send for review; when the review is finished you can start editing again. I am guessing that you kept editing - if so, it would be interesting to know why you kept editing while the publication was being reviewed, perhaps someone will have insight into your specific issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines