• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Accessibility: PDF not populating export tags in correct order

New Here ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! We're trying to make our InDesign files more accessible when we export them as PDFs. I think I've done all the propper tagging for our various paragraph styles, giving them the proper hierarchy, etc., but when I export that to Acrobat, the reading order is not always populating in the order set by the tags.

For instance, as shown in the screen shots below -- we have our "subheadings" set off as anchored textframes tied to our main thread of text, but Acrobat is reading the body text (set to tag "p") before it reads the anchored subheading (set to tag "H3"). The "anchor" is at the very beginning of the paragraph it's adjacent to, so if anchored text is supposed to be "read" where it's anchored, I don't see why it's not set in the reading order first...

Screenshot 2021-02-04 161604.pngScreenshot 2021-02-04 161628.png

Does anyone know why this is happening and if there's an easy way to fix it? We're trying to make this as automated as possible to reduce the work we have to do in Acrobat, as our reports are often dozens of pages.

Thank you!

TOPICS
EPUB , How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just confirming ... you have all the text threading into each of the boxes properly?

Do you use the Articles Panel or Layers in the Indesign Document. Can you share this one page here and I will see if it also does this on my system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi! Thank you! Yes, it's only two text frames -- the main one and then a small one where the subfinding title is that we embed as an anchored object to offset it from the main text frame. I attached both the InDesign page and the PDF. Thank you for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines