• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acumin Variable Concept Print Issues

New Here ,
Mar 06, 2020 Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to print directly from InDesign but when I do some of the Acumin Variable Concept font weights are missing. I am printing directly to Xerox Color C70. The only time it works is if I save it out as a PDF first then print.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Variable fonts are currently “a work in progress” and they are not well-supported in print output, especially for non-PostScript printers.

Recommend that if you are experimenting with variable fonts, export PDF/X-4 and print either from Acrobat or Adobe Acrobat Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Printing from a PDF is the recommended workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Variable fonts are currently “a work in progress” and they are not well-supported in print output, especially for non-PostScript printers.

Recommend that if you are experimenting with variable fonts, export PDF/X-4 and print either from Acrobat or Adobe Acrobat Reader.

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines