• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Add an image and text into a indesign template

New Here ,
Dec 09, 2008 Dec 09, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,<br /><br />I have a xml like this<br /><br /><property><br /> <name>testing-1</name><br /> <image>c:\test\1.jpg</image><br /><property><br /><br /><property><br /> <name>testing-2</name><br /> <image>c:\test\2.jpg</image><br /><property><br /><br />I have created a indesign template with two placeholders name and image under root.<br /><br />So now I want to import the xml and merge the data with indesign template<br />and generate a PDF file.<br /><br />Can you please tell me how to do this in javascript.<br /><br />Thanks,<br />Venkatesh
TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Dec 11, 2008 Dec 11, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
Both topics have been discussed many times. Have a look on the archives by search, then you will find code snippets dealing with xml and exporting to PDF.
Loic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2009 Feb 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to use scripting to automatically populate several 2-page InDesign templates, each containing several frames for graphics and several frames for text. Each template has a varying number of frames and the frames are in different locations. I need to name the frames so they can be referenced and populated by name. I gave tags to the frames in hopes that this could serve my purpose. I found a scripting reference but still cannot figure out how to get my graphics/text into the specific frames that I want. I would like to use VBScript if possible. Is there a way to do this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2009 Feb 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi,

Use this

myDocument.importXML(File(inputXmlFile));

1) Get the indesign document xml using

myDocument.exportFile(ExportFormat.xml, File("indesignDocumentXmlStructure.xml"));

This will be exact structure of document structure in the form XML.

2) Now manually or by code you will fill the data in XML.

3) Use myDocument.importXML(File(inputXmlFile));

Whatever it may be graphic or text the data will be merged.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Venky

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines