• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Add button in InDesign form for users to add attachment

Explorer ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm designing an intake form in InDesign which will be exported as an interactive PDF. I'd like users to be able to click a button on the form to attach files when filling it out. There would be several instances of this and the attachments may include PNGs, Excel spreadsheets, and/or Word docs.

It appears there may be a script that can be added on the Acrobat end, but it would greatly simplify the project flow if I could add this capability within InDesign prior to exporting it as an interactive PDF.

Any advice on if/how this can be accomlished?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Why bother with a PDF? If it needs to be sent back via email, you're far better off just using an HTML form on website.

Even if you could do this with a PDF form, it would, as Steve says, need to be done in Acrobat and would likely only work with Acrobat, not third party readers or browsers.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you already said: Do it in Acrobat. There is no way to do it in InDesign. I'm assuming it's a JavaScript. It cannot be added in InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, what I've found so far are JavaScript recommendations added via Acrobat. It seems this may be the only or at least best way of doing it. The optimistic side of me is going to hold out a little longer to see if anyone else has an InDesign solution to offer. But, ultimately I think you're right. Thank you for taking the time to weigh in!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why bother with a PDF? If it needs to be sent back via email, you're far better off just using an HTML form on website.

Even if you could do this with a PDF form, it would, as Steve says, need to be done in Acrobat and would likely only work with Acrobat, not third party readers or browsers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Agreed Bob! Alas, I have to work within the confines of status quo at my job...for right now atleast.  New ideas can be tough to argue and slow moving here. Thank you though!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines