Highlighted

Add drop shadow to selected text (and/or paragraph style)

Participant ,
Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I add some different shadow options to some selected text or, hopefully, directly to a paragraph style? 

The menu item Object > Effect > Drop Shadow (and its friends around there) are all greyed out when I select some text with the Text Tool. 

Thanks

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by jmlevy | Adobe Community Professional

Effets are applied to a frame or the whole text inside a frame, but it is impossible to have different settings on different part of the text (or you must use anchor frames).

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Add drop shadow to selected text (and/or paragraph style)

Participant ,
Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I add some different shadow options to some selected text or, hopefully, directly to a paragraph style? 

The menu item Object > Effect > Drop Shadow (and its friends around there) are all greyed out when I select some text with the Text Tool. 

Thanks

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by jmlevy | Adobe Community Professional

Effets are applied to a frame or the whole text inside a frame, but it is impossible to have different settings on different part of the text (or you must use anchor frames).

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 13, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 13, 2020 1
Participant ,
Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

Just to know, how does one use anchor frames?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 13, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 13, 2020 1
Participant ,
Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 13, 2020 0