• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding a Drop Shadow to text in InDesign CS6

New Here ,
Jun 17, 2013 Jun 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no character styles in my recent installation of Cloud InDesign CS6 and want to know how I import these effects.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 17, 2013 Jun 17, 2013

Character Styles and Drop Shadow, (an object-level effect), are not related. There is nothing to import.

To apply a drop shadow to text, select (black arrow) the text frame and choose Drop Shadow from the fx menu at the bottom of the Effects panel, (Window > Effects). The Drop Shadow dialog opens where you set the parameters of the effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Character Styles and Drop Shadow, (an object-level effect), are not related. There is nothing to import.

To apply a drop shadow to text, select (black arrow) the text frame and choose Drop Shadow from the fx menu at the bottom of the Effects panel, (Window > Effects). The Drop Shadow dialog opens where you set the parameters of the effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks as well John. You've been a huge help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2014 Jun 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason, it's not coming up as an option for me. Whenever I click the text box, the effects box suddenly goes gray and will not let me add a shadow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Be sure to select the frame itself with the Black arrow (not selecting text or using the T-tool)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, figured it out! I think I was looking in the wrong effects box, because a right-clicking on the text frame and clicking effects worked instead.
Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You need another tip if you want to apply a shadow only to a part of the block text!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2015 Mar 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you apply a drop shadow to only part of the text in a text frame?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 29, 2015 Mar 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One way would be to put it into its own frame as an inline anchored object.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello to all
thanks for the info.
I am strugling in adding a shadow just to a single word into a texbox.
I just need shadow for some random words, not the entire objetc. I cannot find "shadow" at character style tab
Thanks to all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Aha! … Obi-wan Kenobi is dead since a long time, resting in peace in a galaxy far far away!

Come back to your main thread if you still search answers!

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/shadow-to-a-single-word-into-a-texbox/m-p/11787847?page=1#M4...

(^/)  The Jedi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But you can import any text styles you like form other documents by going to one of the styles panels and chooing Import Styles from the panel context menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Duh..

I had a “senior moment” there.

Thanks for your help Peter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines