Highlighted

Adding a PNG file causes text / layout to go blurry

Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've always used JPEG images in Indesign / Layouts, but when I added a PNG logo file today - it turned all the text in the layout blurry. Attached images of before / after. Tested this with several other indesign documents - the issue seems consistent throughout. The logo size is 500 x 88 Pixels, and the document is 600 x 100 Pixels. This affected the export output significantly as well. 

Any assistance is greatly appreciated! 

Thanks,

Chris

TOPICS
Bug, How to, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adding a PNG file causes text / layout to go blurry

Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've always used JPEG images in Indesign / Layouts, but when I added a PNG logo file today - it turned all the text in the layout blurry. Attached images of before / after. Tested this with several other indesign documents - the issue seems consistent throughout. The logo size is 500 x 88 Pixels, and the document is 600 x 100 Pixels. This affected the export output significantly as well. 

Any assistance is greatly appreciated! 

Thanks,

Chris

TOPICS
Bug, How to, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 14, 2020 0
Advisor ,
Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not blurry, it's the total opposite. Text on screen is usually smoothened by the graphics renderer to gain soft edges. This is nullified by the PNG for the moment. I think this will either vanish when activating the high quality preview or changing the zoom level. I've seen this before myself, but it never affected any output. It's supposed to be a screen thing only.

What kind of output was it? What was the PNG type, 8 bit or 24 bit? Why not convert the PNG to JPG and the problem should be gone? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 22, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Would you mind sharing version of the OS & InDesign? Does it happen with a specific file or all? Have you tried other formats like PNG or PSD?

This information will help us understand the concern and assist you accordingly. Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 25, 2020 0