• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding graphic file changes color of text

Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a page layout document that has a mix of text boxes and small graphics files. The text boxes are in RGB color, and when I place the graphic, the color of the text changes from bright to dull. What can I do to stop this from happening? The graphics are logos that I must use. 

TOPICS
How to , Performance , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

First learn about Colour Management and the difference between colour spaces RGB and CMYK. Then inform yourself about the Colour Blend Space in InDesign: when you set that to RGB on screen it will be fine, but in print it still will be duller due to the colour space difference substract/additive:

https://physics.stackexchange.com/questions/23830/why-is-there-a-difference-between-additive-and-subtractive-trichromatic-color-th

Note that with the Colour Blend Space set to CMYK (print) using any tra

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First learn about Colour Management and the difference between colour spaces RGB and CMYK. Then inform yourself about the Colour Blend Space in InDesign: when you set that to RGB on screen it will be fine, but in print it still will be duller due to the colour space difference substract/additive:

https://physics.stackexchange.com/questions/23830/why-is-there-a-difference-between-additive-and-sub...

Note that with the Colour Blend Space set to CMYK (print) using any transparency effects (also a mask for images backgrounds, drop shadows etc) will force your RGB images to view in CMYK space on your screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the Transparency Blend choice (there isn’t a Color Blend one in my version) and saw that it was set to CMYK. Hopefully the problem will now be resolved. Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah yes, did I write Colour instead of Transparency? Sorry, my bad, I do not use an English version, got confused: it is indeed called Transparency blend space.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines