• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding new facing pages moves shape layers on other pages

New Here ,
Dec 28, 2020 Dec 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am designing facing pages for a 150 page book layout. When I add a new set of facing pages above pages that have existing graphic elements on them, the a few of the shape layers on the below pages shift approx. 18 points to the left for seemingly no reason. It is not all of the shape layers on all the pages, it's just one here and there, and sometimes it's text layers too.  None of these elements are grouped with any others, and I have no idea what this could be.

If anyone has any ideas, please let me know!!

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Dec 28, 2020 Dec 28, 2020

I could replicate this error. Seems like columns and different margins mess with the boxes alignment. The only thing that fixes it is to have both of those pages to have only the 1 column each.

This should be reported as a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are the elements that are moving Master Page items that are still locked on the Document Pages? If you can select them on the Document Page then their link to the Master has been overridden. That might explain why only some elements are moving (the unlocked ones).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They're not Master Page items, nope. I tried putting the elements that keep moving onto different layers, and they still move when I add a new page while other elements on the page don't. I'm wondering if it might be a program glitch?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I could replicate this error. Seems like columns and different margins mess with the boxes alignment. The only thing that fixes it is to have both of those pages to have only the 1 column each.

This should be reported as a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines