• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding pages and textframes automatically?

New Here ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm composing my second book in InDesign and I'm wondering if there is an easy way to automatically add pages and textframes when I'm transfering the text to InDesign?

I've tried to search the self-study site but found nothing.

🙂 Therése

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Click on this red plus in the last text frame.

Zrzut ekranu 2021-05-28 115944.jpg

Then go to the next empty page, hold down Shif key and click. Text will fill any empty pages and new pages will be added automatically.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't fully understand. Do you mean text form .doc file? Drop file to InD and try Shift+click.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use copy/cut and paste for transfering the text, and that works fine when there is only a couple of pages. I usually add a few pages and frames in InDesign and paste the text in. No problems. Works like a dream 🙂

However, I have not yet found a way to automatically add new pages, if I've previously didn't add enough.

Thus this make any sense?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click on this red plus in the last text frame.

Zrzut ekranu 2021-05-28 115944.jpg

Then go to the next empty page, hold down Shif key and click. Text will fill any empty pages and new pages will be added automatically.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happy to help. Please mark this thread as solved. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 10, 2022 Sep 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well This time it isn't working - it's my third book and pages keep disappearing. Like it only shows 40 then the 150 left pages disappear, no matter what, red cross etc. Nothing works. Not even restarting the project from scratch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines