Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adjust word spacing

Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I am a novice InDesign user, and have almost finished typesetting a book but would like to adjust the word spacing. 

However, when I increase the tracking (or anything else) via the paragraph style, several pages at the end of the document just disappear. I have played around with Smart Text Reflow, turned it on, and off, limited / not limited it to primary text frames, added pages - to end of story / to end of document - with no luck. I have added blank pages to the end of the document with the A-master and primary text flow frame, to see if the text would be shifted down, but nothing I do seems to preserve the document in full. The word spacing is recalculated and the text stops at the original page number, anything further in the document is just deleted. 

I am going crazy with this, and I'm sure there is a simple answer but I can't find it! Grateful for any help you can give me. Thank you.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK, I found the solution, half an hour after posting the question...

I had no idea about threading, but now understand how it works. My last page was somehow threaded to something way back up the document (I know, novice, remember?). As soon as I broke the thread, the document sorted itself out perfectly when I adjusted the tracking. Phew.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines