• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adjusting line height in table so each cell looks the same

Participant ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the problem that the content of the cells in my tables will be at different heights. Probably something simple I'm overlooking, but I can't find a solution.

When I mark all cells InDesign shows an option to adjust the text vertically but that does not fix the issue. As you can see in the picture, the table simply looks out of order. Any solutions much appreciated!

2021-02-09 17_14_44-_SR alle tabeller.indd @ 100%.png

[ attachment inserted as inline image by moderator ]

TOPICS
How to , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Actually, I think the vertical justification is already set to middle. Instead, I think you have some extra returns that you are contending with. Go to Type > Show Hidden Characters so that you can see them, and then delete them. At that point, you might play with the vertical justification commands: top, middle and bottom and pick your favorite.

~Barb

tb.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to the Cell options panel > Text tab and choose “center ” for the vertical justification

Capture d’écran 2021-02-09 à 17.29.46.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, I think the vertical justification is already set to middle. Instead, I think you have some extra returns that you are contending with. Go to Type > Show Hidden Characters so that you can see them, and then delete them. At that point, you might play with the vertical justification commands: top, middle and bottom and pick your favorite.

~Barb

tb.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. This was also my diagnosis when I had a second look at it. And I think I had already set it to the center position vertically. I was just a bit confused that I could only make that option show when I selected multiple cells. But now I know where to find the menu - as someone told me: there are many ways to do each thing in InDesign.

Thanks again, your help is always right on point for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

as someone told me: there are many ways to do each thing in InDesign.

So many ways, @simon5CD0! As I tell my students, my job is to know all of them. Your job is to just pick one and stick with it. 😊

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines