• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adman plug in?

Explorer ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does this mean? "This document cannot be packaged due to missing plug-ins. Please install or activate these plug-ins: AdMan_Plugin.InDesignPlugin"?

I have searched the Adobe site and the forum and can find no reference to an AdMan plug-in. 

I really need to package my file. 

Thanks

InDesign CC 2021   16.1

BigSur 11.2.3

iMac 5K 27-9nch 2019

3.7 GHz-6-Core 9ntel i5

32 GB Ram

TOPICS
Bug , How to , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is certainly a third-party plugin. Export your InDesign file to idml and open the idml file, then save this file, it should be OK after.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try exporting your file as IDML and then opening from that file. This process will often strip out links to missing plugsins, so that you will be able to package your file successfully.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Based on a quick search, I found reference to AdMan as a Plugin for exporting to Wordpress. Does this sound familiar to you? Or is this a file that has come from someone else? In any case, this particular PlugIn was discontinued in 2018, so there's no new (or old) version for you in case it was something you had used, so if you have a lot of old files, this will come up again!

Regardless, if the Export to .IDML approach doesn't work for you, someone has created a plugin in which can strip the missing plugin hooks. I have no experience with it so can't vouch for its efficacy, but you can take a look here for info:

https://creativepro.com/solution-for-packaging-files-with-missing-plug-ins/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The plugin developer would be me, the trial version runs for 7 days. Details are mentioned in the readme of the Github repo

https://github.com/Manan-Joshi/inexutils

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 27, 2022 May 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me get this straight. You developed a plug-in for some sort of exporting to WordPress and got it included in the CC software package. But after 7 days, the "trial" version—which most people will never have reason to use—expires and you must purchase or be unable to package an InDesign file? But no worries, because you can sell us another plug-in that will remove the useless AdMan plug in.

Maybe I am missing something, but this might be seen as a genius level scam on the order of ransomware. Please correct me or tell me how to eliminate your plug-in without paying for it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was answered above, but the fact that there's a missing plugin will launch and alert but it shouldn't keep you from packaging the document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would humbly advice you to apply thought before you say something on a public forum and accuse someone of something. And to top that off don't speak on a subject that you have no understanding whatsoever, this expose your foolishness out to people. Now that I have replied to your accusations, I will now try to explain what my plugin does and how the 7 day trial would be beneficial to even someone inconsiderate like your highness.

• I or my plugin have nothing to do with the mentioned AdMan plugin or Wordpress.
  • My plugin works on any missing plugin reported on an InDesign document. It is does not care who built the plugin. If it's missing my plugin can strip the missing plugin data out of the document.
  • The trial period provides fully functional 7 days of usage of the plugin. Using which a user can clean any number of documents, no restrictions.
  • My plugin does not add any metadata onto the document whatsoever to generate the missing plugin error. It actually does the opposite. So there is no way my plugin compels a user to use it always if they use it once. So there is no scam here not even a simple one let alone a genius one.
  • My plugin is not included in the CC software package. You need to download it from my Github account and copy/paste it into your folders. If you don't even remember doing this and things magically happen on your machine then I can't say anything further. Adman plugin also seems to be a 3rd party plugin so that would also require an installation.

P.S.:- Lastly I don't know how you earn your bread but I work hard and create softwares which I aspire to sell. I don't scam people but try to help them out as much as I can while earning what I deserve and that my friend is not a crime or scam in any part of the world.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines