• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe and Apple Big Sur update

New Here ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure if anyone else is having this issue, but I am unable to open or run any of my adobe applications. Currently I'm operating on a MacBook Pro that went under an automatic update to macOS Big Sur. Most of my applications open up with a blank gray screen and will not allow me to start a new project of any kind. This issue is across multiple apps- InDesign, Illustrator, Premier Pro, After Effects, Photoshop, etc. and its becoming incredibly difficult to get anything accomplished. If anyone has any insight on how to fix this it would be greatly appreciated. It is very alarming to have such an expensive suite not work when I have class work

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export , Performance , Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of InDesign?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the most updated version of InDesign 2021.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Christina,

I'm not on Mac OS, but I heard that there were massive issues with older Mac Book Pros that were updated to Big Sur. Up to the point that the machine was ruined and had to be repaired. Cannot tell if there are also issues with newer machines. Just read through this:

https://www.macrumors.com/2020/11/15/macos-big-sur-update-bricking-some-macbook-pros/

Could you revert to your previous version of the operating system?

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines