• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

adobe cc - Indesign package links (images) missing

New Here ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We moved all of our files onto adobe cc and some of my Indesign links are missing after originally being there. Can you access old files like you can in dropbox?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

There is one pitfall with that: Images from Adobe Stock that were directly imported through Creative Cloud Libraries.

See the thread below ( partly in German ) :

Fehlermeldung beim verpacken
gerds12978039, Dec 05, 2019

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/fehlermeldung-beim-verpacken/td-p/10782830?page=1

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

you could select a link and show the path of the linked item. Or select all the linked items and create a report.

Then you could check if the linked item is on a disk or network volume that is perhaps not available anymore.

( Or perhaps you moved or renamed the linked item?! )

One could avoid all this by packaging a document.

Note: If placed graphics are on the pasteboard you could load the document to an InDesign book file and do the packaging process from there. Then also graphics on the pastenboard will be packaged.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. I did package the file. All the links were there for about a month. All was working fine. 

Now two links are gone.

The path indicates they are where I thought they were: in the links folder within the package document in cc.

I did not remove them or change them. Just gone.

They were big files so maybe they didn't sync? But at one point they were there and working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is one pitfall with that: Images from Adobe Stock that were directly imported through Creative Cloud Libraries.

See the thread below ( partly in German ) :

Fehlermeldung beim verpacken
gerds12978039, Dec 05, 2019

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/fehlermeldung-beim-verpacken/td-p/10782830?page=1

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. In addition to the responses given earlier, I'd recommend checking out help article https://helpx.adobe.com/in/indesign/using/graphics-links.html#update_restore_and_replace_links for more information on managing links. Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines