Highlighted

Adobe error message Files, aliases could not be resolved

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm an instructor at a local college and one of my students is getting error message, "one or more files, aliases could not be resolved" when she launches InDesign and Illustrator. I can't find anything about this issue, anyone have any ideas? She has to VPN in to the school's system to access CC, and that is working.

Thank you!

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe error message Files, aliases could not be resolved

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm an instructor at a local college and one of my students is getting error message, "one or more files, aliases could not be resolved" when she launches InDesign and Illustrator. I can't find anything about this issue, anyone have any ideas? She has to VPN in to the school's system to access CC, and that is working.

Thank you!

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 03, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, you state it's working but it isn't – at least not completely...

My guess is that these "aliases" are pointers to automatically stored remainders of files of earlier InDesign sessions. Whenever a file is left unsaved, and InDesign quits or -worse- crashes, it tries to retrace these remnants upon restarting, and resconstruct them. Illustrator recently adopted a similar technique.

That's a very nice and helpful feature !

But when students are not managing, saving, and closing their files properly, and when network architecture (like VPN) leaves InDesign clueless about the re-addressing or deletion of these auxilliary files, then these "alias" errors can happen.

Please be careful with these remote networks. Adobe doesn't officially support it !!

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/illustrator-support-networks-removable-media.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 26, 2020 0