Highlighted

Adobe in design

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I want to import a pdf file from my files to adobe in design.

I am getting a warning that the ADobe in design doesn't support the lay out of pdf file. What can I do? Can somebody help me? 

InDesign does not support opening and editing a PDF file.

InDesign does support placing one or more pages of a PDF file within an InDesign document. That placed content may be scaled, rotated, and/or cropped, but the placed content cannot be edited.

Alternatives:

(1)    In Acrobat, export the PDF file to Microsoft Word format and then place that content within an InDesign document. Depending upon the complexity of the content in the PDF file, you may or may not find that you have a significant amount of reformatting to do once you are in InDesign.

(2)    There are some software packages that do such direct conversions of PDF to an editable InDesign document. One such product is Recosoft's PDF2ID software. (This is not a product endoresement!) Again, depending upon the complexity of the content in the PDF file, you may or may not find that you have a significant amount of reformatting to do once you are in InDesign.

Good luck!

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe in design

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I want to import a pdf file from my files to adobe in design.

I am getting a warning that the ADobe in design doesn't support the lay out of pdf file. What can I do? Can somebody help me? 

InDesign does support placing one or more pages of a PDF file within an InDesign document. That placed content may be scaled, rotated, and/or cropped, but the placed content cannot be edited.

Alternatives:

(1)    In Acrobat, export the PDF file to Microsoft Word format and then place that content within an InDesign document. Depending upon the complexity of the content in the PDF file, you may or may not find that you have a significant amount of reformatting to do once you are in InDesign.

(2)    There are some software packages that do such direct conversions of PDF to an editable InDesign document. One such product is Recosoft's PDF2ID software. (This is not a product endoresement!) Again, depending upon the complexity of the content in the PDF file, you may or may not find that you have a significant amount of reformatting to do once you are in InDesign.

Good luck!

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 19, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thread moved to InDesign Community since the question had nothing to do with Acrobat Reader Mobile.

- Dov Isaacs, Principal Scientist, Adobe

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 19, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alternatives:

Good luck!

- Dov Isaacs, Principal Scientist, Adobe

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 19, 2020 1