Highlighted

Adobe Indesign 2018 not saving or exporting

New Here ,
May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday I was working on an indesign project for a few hours and I swore I saved it ever 30 minutes or so and then when i got back on my computer today adobe was completely closed and only a few changes were saved. So I redid the work I did and when I was done I couldn't save it or export it as a pdf. So I need help. Also I use a mac.

Update: Its been almost an hour and still no solution with browsing the web. If you know a way to help PLEASE comment it.

Hi Ashutosh,

Thank you for responding, I'm still trying to figure this out and having issues saving it. The changes have been lost which isn't such a big deal it's the saving part that I need to fix.

Version of OS is 10.13.6

Are you getting any error message while trying to save or export? No, Everything in the program is working normally except for when I try to save it nothing happens. If I use the command for save as it saves it to where I selected but it doesn't save the updated version I was working on.

Is it happening with this specific document you are talking about? Yes, I was working on two seperate documents and one of them did save because I just created it and started working on it yesterday. So I'm not sure if its the older document because it was made back in 2014-2015ish.

Is this document saved locally or on a network? I had this document on my mac for about 2 years now and used it as a template to create newer versions. I also have a backup on a network.

Update: The problem went away completely. Thank you for the help my friend!

TOPICS
Bug, Import and export, Performance, Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe Indesign 2018 not saving or exporting

New Here ,
May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday I was working on an indesign project for a few hours and I swore I saved it ever 30 minutes or so and then when i got back on my computer today adobe was completely closed and only a few changes were saved. So I redid the work I did and when I was done I couldn't save it or export it as a pdf. So I need help. Also I use a mac.

Update: Its been almost an hour and still no solution with browsing the web. If you know a way to help PLEASE comment it.

Hi Ashutosh,

Thank you for responding, I'm still trying to figure this out and having issues saving it. The changes have been lost which isn't such a big deal it's the saving part that I need to fix.

Version of OS is 10.13.6

Are you getting any error message while trying to save or export? No, Everything in the program is working normally except for when I try to save it nothing happens. If I use the command for save as it saves it to where I selected but it doesn't save the updated version I was working on.

Is it happening with this specific document you are talking about? Yes, I was working on two seperate documents and one of them did save because I just created it and started working on it yesterday. So I'm not sure if its the older document because it was made back in 2014-2015ish.

Is this document saved locally or on a network? I had this document on my mac for about 2 years now and used it as a template to create newer versions. I also have a backup on a network.

TOPICS
Bug, Import and export, Performance, Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 14, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Larry,

Sorry to hear about your experience. That's definitely not a typical experience with the application. Would you mind sharing more details about your workflow like:

1. Version of the OS.

2. Are you getting any error message while trying to save or export?

3. Is it happening with this specific document you are talking about?

4. Is this document saved locally or on a network?

All this information would help us understand the issue and work accordingly. Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 14, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ashutosh,

Version of OS is 10.13.6

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 15, 2020 0