Highlighted

Adobe InDesign 2019 crashes when opening a new document on Windows 10

Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,
I am using InDesign 2019 and windows 10 OS.When I am trying to open a new document, it generates crash report for "Adobe InDesign 2019".When I open other modified documents I have not face for this problem.
I appreciate your help.

Thanks in advance.

{Renamed by MOD}

Hi Kalpani,

Sorry to hear about your experience. I'd recommend updating Adobe InDesign to the latest version v15.0.2 (CC2020).

If you do not want to do that, please try resetting the preferences of Adobe InDesign once. Follow the instructions below to do that:

• Close all Adobe applications. 
  • Go to Locations : 
  • C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Adobe  
  • C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Adobe. 
  •  Rename InDesign folders to InDesign.old 
  • Launch InDesign from CC. 

**Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and InDesign will launch with default settings. This way all your old settings will be saved in .old folders and InDesign will recreate new folders with default settings. 

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Topics

Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe InDesign 2019 crashes when opening a new document on Windows 10

Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,
I am using InDesign 2019 and windows 10 OS.When I am trying to open a new document, it generates crash report for "Adobe InDesign 2019".When I open other modified documents I have not face for this problem.
I appreciate your help.

Thanks in advance.

{Renamed by MOD}

Hi Kalpani,

Sorry to hear about your experience. I'd recommend updating Adobe InDesign to the latest version v15.0.2 (CC2020).

If you do not want to do that, please try resetting the preferences of Adobe InDesign once. Follow the instructions below to do that:

• Go to Locations : 

**Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and InDesign will launch with default settings. This way all your old settings will be saved in .old folders and InDesign will recreate new folders with default settings. 

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Topics

Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kalpani,

• Go to Locations : 

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ashutosh,

Resetting the preferences of Adobe InDesign works for me.Thank you very much.

Regards,

Kalpani.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear your issue is resolved. Give us a shout if you need help with any other issue. We'll be happy to help. Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines